Friday, September 25, 2009

Children as "Teachers"

I always thought it was sort of strange that adults are usually the "teachers" and it is often believed they have the most to teach to children.  I've undoubtedly had my best, most important lessons from my children.  Theirs is such simple, true wisdom that I think it is often overlooked and that is a great loss, in my opinion. 

Today I am trying to get a lot of things done at once as well as finish canning all those tomatoes and so this morning I made a list to divvy up the work amongst the three of us in the hopes that we will have time for a tea break in the sunshine before  our company arrives.  I just checked "The List" to see how we were doing and noticed an addition from one of the boys.  It's a good thing I have them to remind me to live in the present and remember what's important.


After all, what would life be if we never took the time to play or to dance?

Hoping you take time to play and dance this weekend too. ;-)

9 comments:

Debbie said...

What great perspective children give us. My kids usually add "buy legos" or "clean my room for me". Your kids are way "funer" :)

affectioknit said...

Awww! That is so sweet and so true!

Jacqueline said...

I love it! Maybe that's the answer to making this a great weekend! -for all us us;-)

Jacqueline said...

oops - should be "all OF us"!

Just Jenn said...

That's awesome! I hope you got your Mama boogie time in too... lol

Anoma said...

I discovered your blog from my best friend... and found this one in particular to be the perfect opportunity to say that you are such an inspiration!! I enjoy reading and learning with your posts... thank you for sharing yoru life with the world =)

Heather said...

Hi Debbie, I'm sure my boys wouldn't have minded if "buy Lego" was on the list either. ;-)

Hi Jenn - I did sort of get my Mama boogie time in...I boogied down to the thrift store with our company and we all found some goodies at great prices. I'll have to post some pics of my finds. Then I had some crafting time with company too. ;-)

Jamie, thanks for the lovely compliment. I'm glad you enjoy the blog and appreciate you taking the time to comment on it. :-)

Just Jenn said...

Crafting and shopping? Looks like you made your list and followed through with Mama play time!

daisy g said...

I couldn't agree with you more. My boy has been my biggest teacher.

I'm putting dancing on my resolutions list this year!