Thursday, July 24, 2008

Zucchini

Sometimes people tease me about the amount of zucchini that I plant but I find it such a versatile vegetable that it really is hard to have too much. (except when I come home from a holiday and find huge ones but even those I can just make into raw veggie mush for my dog)
Yesterday we managed to get some work done in the garden, lots of calendula were going to seed and I am trying to get better at deadheading this year. While we were in the garden we picked some beets, beans, zucchini, garlic and herbs.

I sauteed the zucchini, onion, garlic and herbs then added a jar of tomato sauce and steamed, chopped beet greens and used this for making lasagna.


The beans were just steamed and served with butter and, since the oven was on for the lasagna, I roasted some beets as well.

3 comments:

Penelope said...

Oh yum, that looks delicious!

Mary-Sue said...

YUMMMMM! I made a zucchini/fried new potato/tomato dish with lots of mozzarella and parmesan baked on top (just put my skillet into the oven) last night too. Next time I'll think to make the whole thing into a lasagna! GREAT idea!

denise said...

Delicious! I don't have zucchini this year (doing 2 types of squash this year)...I miss it! Looks like a great dinner.