Friday, September 4, 2009

Super Easy Peach Frozen Yogurt

Or this post title could be use 'em if ya got 'em. I got quite a few peaches for someone who was not planning on canning any. We've been thoroughly enjoying them fresh and made a bit of peach butter but I think I've found our new favourite way to eat them.  Easy Peach Frozen Yogurt made with just a food processor.  I peeled and finely chopped about 6 peaches and then froze them on a cookie sheet.
Put them in the food processor with 1/3 cup of sugar.  Whizzed.  (this took a bit and I already cut them even finer for the next time, yes...we're having it again tonight)
Once the peaches and sugar are mixed I added about 1/2 cup or so of plain yogurt.  Whizzed again.
Done!
This definitely went down a treat which is why I chopped the remaining peaches and tucked them into the freezer. 
The boys have big plans to make this with our frozen cherries and strawberries and blueberries and....

3 comments:

Mary-Sue said...

YUMMO!!! And now i have a purpose for all those peaches in the freezer as soon as P comes off his no-milk-stint! can't wait!!

Heather Mattern said...

looks yummy!!!

Heather Mattern said...

looks yummy!!!