Monday, June 23, 2008

Catching up

Lately we have had that feeling of playing catch-up...a lot.....and not really getting caught up. ;-) There are always so many things we want/need/plan to get to and only so much time in the day. Last week S got to the finishing touches on our brick path project from last year. We also, after reading The Green Gardener's Guide (love this book!!), got motivated to finally put a proper tap in our rain barrel. I love this and now want more...more...more. We don't live in a particularly rainy area but this spring we did have quite a bit of rain; it really made me realize just how much water we could have saved if we had more barrels and some storage tanks. Tanks are our next want/need/plan-to project. ;-)

Anyway, slowly, slowly we are getting things done, and I do love this pathway.

And so does kitty, see her there?





5 comments:

Mary-Sue said...

oh my. that is SO beautiful. what a work of art! it really does look like something from a beautiful poster!! lovely lovely lovely

Andrea said...

Oh, it is so beautiful! I want one of those going from my porch out to our BBQ/picnic area under the trees. Did you buy bricks or salvage them?

Anonymous said...

You might want to check out the downspout filters, downspout diverters and first flush diverters at http://www.aquabarrel.com

Heather said...

We salvaged them from the retail nursery when it closed down. I also have some that I got from a house being torn down. I like to keep my eye out for goodies and sometimes we score things on freecycle too. Actually, the rain barrel was on the side of the street in our neighbourhood with "free" written right on it. :-)

this is my patch said...

I love your pathway too, it looks great. A gardener's garden is never finished. We have so many unfinished projects and jobs to do around ours. I can see no end to it! x