Thursday, December 16, 2010

More Felted Sweater Slippers

I wanted to make a pair of slippers that were just a bit more masculine than the ones with the crochet trim. ;-)  I found a pattern that I liked here (and, surprisingly, I was able to print it out at the size I wanted without any computer help from my son).
The top pieces are sewn together and then I cut the bottoms out of a dark blue felted sweater for contrast.  This is what the finished slippers were supposed to look like but all three of my boys thought that they didn't quite look finished.
In the end I decided to use some of the ribbing from the blue sweater as a band around the ankle and we also decided that for this pair we liked them better with the seams on the inside rather than outside.
And I like knowing that most everyone in my family will have cozy toes each winter.  Wool makes such a huge difference in helping to keep warm.  I can't imagine living here at this time of year without wool slippers...and socks, and sweaters, and hats...

5 comments:

donna!ee said...

hiya heather...these are an excellent solution for keeping warm & toasty...thank you much for the pattern & how-to's, folks will be surprised when i give these for gifts! ;)

The Knitty Gritty Homestead said...

Yay...a gift idea for my husband! Thanks!

The Apple Pie Gal said...

They look great! You are really doing neat things with all your re-purposed wool!

Sherrie said...

They're fantastic! (And the slight modification means that I don't need to learn to crochet post-haste, yay!)

Norma said...

oh i like the seam on the outside myself. i love these too. thanks so much.