Even though we did a lot of decluttering last year in preparation for selling our house and moving we still seem to have plenty of "clutter" around. This last little while I've been making a push to finally use up some things we've had sitting around. I've got a good start on a stack of denim that I want to use to make one of these fun quilts.
I've got all the seams and extra bits cut out and I've tucked the zippers away for future use in felted bags. W used the seamripper to take off the leather labels with the comment that they "should be good for something". I love that attitude.
E has been using old t-shirts for making into pet beds. In the past we've used old sheets for these but I am impressed with how well the t-shirt "yarn" works.
We cut it into strips - round and round the shirt.
Then we just give the strips a little tug and the edges turn in to make a nice smooth edged yarn.
Then he uses a big crochet hook to make them into a little bed or rug.
And while usually my mending pile sits for
ever quite awhile before I get round to it, I put this mending at the top of my priority list. E came to me with his dragon suit tail in need of repair and I did it that very night.