Friday, February 29, 2008

Rag Rugs

My favourite use for old sheets.Cut in strips about 2 - 2 1/2 inches wide, sew ends together to make long strips and then turn in and iron. (turning the edges in makes for a tidier looking, longer-wearing rug) You'll need lots.Still more. (the prep work is the part that takes the longest)Chain about 13 - 15 stitches, and then just start crocheting around...and around...and around. These are heavy, long-lasting, hard wearing rugs.
This one isn't finished yet, but it gives you an idea of how they look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the look of rag rugs -- they are so homey!! Maybe some day I will find the time to give one a try. MAYBE I will be courageous enough to come to knitting night AND give something like this a try.....
Hope you all had a wonderful time.
Rebecca :)

Rebecca said...

Beautiful, Heather.

I'm inspired. :)