Saturday, January 2, 2010

Skating on the Pond and Garlic Tea


New Year's Eve day found us at the pond with a group of friends.  The boys (especially the adult one!) LOVED skating outdoors and want to make this a regular part of our winter days.  I'm thinking if I bring my own shovel next time I'll be able to use it to help me keep my balance on skates.  Good plan, don't you think?

Yesterday we started the new year off "just right" and had a great day.  E and I took a break in the afternoon to enjoy a nice mug of garlic tea.

Sound yucky?  Not at all.  We originally used it as a cold prevention or remedy but we like it so much that we sometimes get a hankering for it when we're feeling great.  Directions to make it are here if you'd like to give it a try.

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

I'll definitely give the tea a try - the skating looks like a lot of fun - too cold here - 33 below this morning...

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

How lovely to have a skating pond nearby! I would definitely need a shovel, too!

The tea sounds delicious. Maybe with a little ginger, too!

Love,

Marqueta

gardenmama said...

I *was* headed to visit your shopping bag tutorial and was sidetracked here! I love that you have such a lovely pond to skate on! And the garlic tea is certainly intriguing me, I hope to give it a try : )