Tuesday, January 5, 2010

More Snow

Yesterday the boys and I took all the decorations off the tree. 

The boys pointed out that the tree is pushing out new growth and we marvelled at the pale green soft needles.

We left it up last night with just the lights on so we could enjoy it for Just One More Night.  We none of us want to let it go this year, not even Kitty, as she has made her bed under it for the last month. 

Yesterday we got another 6 or 8 inches of snow and everything looks even more beautiful.  The tree limbs are heavy with snow and look just as they should.  Everything is fresh, white and clean looking.  The boys are enjoying having the space to sled to their heart's content.  And what a wild ride it is down this hill, I went out to join them for a bit too. 

Dog likes to join them and can usually be found chasing down the hill after them but yesterday he came charging too quickly down one hill in deep powder and lost his footing only to go face first into a heap of snow.  He decided to sit the next run out and waited patiently at the top of the hill with me.



Today there is enough snow for the snowshoes so we will go for our first tromp of the season later. (Which is one of the things on my list, I got to cross one off yesterday when I finished knitting the hat for S.  I'd show you a photo except he liked it so well that he put it on right away and took it with him this morning before I had a chance to even take a photo) ;-)

9 comments:

* Mandy * said...

It's so nice to look at those photos while sitting in a warm house sipping on hot coffee!! It looks beautiful.

Brooke said...

already crossing things off your list! that is fantastic! I still have to finish making my list... haha! My husband and I are also making a different list with the same intentions... 50 things in 485 days (we will be in Montana for that much longer, and there are still so many things we want to do while we are here!) Thanks for leading me to the original 101 things!

affectioknit said...

Isn't snow just the BEST! Scout got snowshoes for Christmas too - we can't wait to try them out...

ipsa said...

As lovely and green as it is here, we do wish we had some snow this winter. It just feels ever so much more seasonal (Christmas-wise) when there is snow.

Congrats on the list! I am moving mine to start today (long story based on human frailty) so I'll be ending on October 1 now. But this is it! No more moving stuff. LOL

gardenmama said...

It looks so cozy at your house, your cat is gorgeous and just looks so soft! We too are enjoying the snow and the warmth of home. Off to check out your handmade shopping bags! I also have a daughter but your 'about me' is so similar to pieces of who I am! : )

Indigo, madder, marigold said...

I wish we had snow like that!
Thank you for stopping by my blog...looking around your blog "place" makes me want to come to your house and eat and read books! Looks like stuff I like to read. And it couldn't hurt my gardening mojo (or lack thereof!)

Heather said...

We did get out on the snowshoes and it was great! Hope you do too, Affectioknit. :-)

Rebecca - Human frailty and long story? Hope everyone is well and it wasn't anything too serious. Yes, no more moving stuff! This really is it, you know? Right now, this time, this life! I can feel that this list is going to be a really fantastic motivator. Bet yours will be too once you make a start. ;-) (there...did that sound suitably 101 list buddyish? Not too stern, not too soft but still encouraging? ) ;-)

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping in, Gardenmama. Yes, the cat is soft and she is hiding her pudge quite nicely in that photo. ;-) I hope you'll let me know if you make the shopping bags and how you like them.

Angela, thanks for the comment. Yes, I love good books. The librarians all know our family very well. ;-) We can never get enough reading time.

ipsa said...

Not too stern at all!

Human frailty = chocolate, so yes, everyone is well. Except my self-discipline.

But yesterday was fine. So I am off and running!