Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thrift store score

A couple months ago I was visiting a friend and she showed me a tray of her frozen sliced beans. They were sliced in lovely thin flat slices and she told me that she uses them in casseroles, pizzas and all sorts of other ways. I thought that sounded like a great way to use up excess beans (we always have excess beans because I can never resist planting more than I should).

Yesterday I stopped in at the local thrift store en route to the library on a quest for chip-free cereal bowls. (is it just us or does everyone end up chipping their bowls? there does seem to be less bowls on offer at the thrift stores (compared to plates and cups) so I think everyone must do this). Anyway as I looked in their kitchen section I happened to spot this. Well, I simply had to have it.

I so want to try it out but I guess it'll have to wait for next summer. Now I have all the excuse I need for planting Even More beans. ;-) Thanks, Mary-Sue.

Oh...and I found some cereal bowls too. Canadian made and no chips. :-)

2 comments:

Mary-Sue said...

GASP!!! you FOUND one! good for you!!! wow. you ARE the thrifting goddess...

affectioknit2 said...

That's pretty neat - I have a gadget that will shell peas and beans but not one like this.