Monday, November 24, 2008

Handmade Holidays

Well...it's a little hard to have handmade holidays if your sewing machine quits working right when you get started on making things. I tried everything that I could think of to get it going again but with no luck and I was leery of taking it apart. This machine was given to me so I have no manual for it, I didn't want to take it apart and put it back together only to find myself with a "spare" part or two. ;-)Thankfully I have a very handy husband. (this was a "must" on my list of qualities future husband must possess) ;-)
He was able to take it apart and figure out what was wrong. He got it all fixed up so this morning I can get started on my list of gifts. First up - an artist's tote bag. We celebrate solstice and Christmas so I need to get my gift making into high gear.

2 comments:

Mary-Sue said...

ooh. do you have a pattern? sounds like something i should make for A.

Mary-Sue said...

oh, and ditto on the handy husband!!