Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Man's best friend??? I'm not convinced.

Look here! See that? Know what those are?





Two doggie foot prints in my just planted onion bed. Yes, that's right. No, not my dog, he would never do that. Some dogs just have no garden manners at all. Tsk, tsk.

This strange looking things is actually meant to be a bee shelter, E made it. He got the idea from Roots, Shoots, Buckets and Boots, apparently bees like to make their home in the pithy stems. It is just an old coffee can filled with sunflower stalks. We will see if it works, I think our fruit trees would quite like having even more bees around.

1 comment:

this is my patch said...

I want to do some of these insect houses for this winter, I am sure they do work. It is very annoying when something comes along and tries to destroy all your hard work, I have terrible problems with cats in my garden. x