Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

Or should that be Thrifty Thermos Thursday?  Indeed it should.  It seems I have a bit of a thing for vintage thermoses.  I grew up with my Grandma's red plaid one in the cupboard and now when I see one at a thrift store (not often) I find them hard to resist.  I have this fun blue (sort of plaid) one that I found in a thrift store in January and now I've got this one.
Isn't it a beauty?  I had to get it because it is Huge! and can hold enough water for me for beach day.
Here it is on its first day at the beach...well, the first beach day with us, anyway.  It's been around since 1974 so it may have seen other beach days. 

2 comments:

The Knitty Gritty Homestead said...

This made me smile because yesterday at the beach, one of the other moms commented that every time they looked at me, they felt like they'd gone back in time to the Wonder Years (I wear big sixties-style glasses and a kerchief on my head)...a thermos like this would complete the look!
Great find!

Heather said...

Fun. There was so much to love about the 60s and 70s, wasn't there. I think you'll also need to get yourself a retro lawnchair to sit on at the beach. You know the kind with the woven nylon strapping and aluminum frame? I"m on the lookout for one.