Sunday, March 23, 2008

A little egg magic.

I've always loved colouring eggs, it is something I have done every year for as long as I can remember. It is amazing to me how easy it is to make eggs looks so beautiful - no offense to hens, you do good work and the eggs are lovely just as they are, I just like them even more with a little colour.
We had some fun on Friday with a dozen eggs. We have done natural dyes in the past, but decided to keep it simple this time. We used these old bottles of food colouring, you can still see the 35 cent price marked on top.Here are the results; the boys did 5 each and I managed to keep 2 to dye myself. We always enjoy doing this so much that I really think it should be a twice a

year tradition.

3 comments:

this is my patch said...

I haven't ever attempted to colour eggs, your boys have done a great job. I hope I am not appearing dumb, but what is the method you use for making the patterns? x

Heather said...

Louise, we just use wax crayons on the egg first and then that spot resists the dye. It is a lot of fun. Go on, give it a try.

Mary-Sue said...

Gorgeous! what a lovely tradition!!